Lately we've been incredibly busy with school and all that comes with it, but we've also gotten caught up in some incredibly fun projects.
You guys it's official. I'm obsessed with power tools. Like a super unhealthy amount because one: I don't have any clue what I'm really doing & two: those bad boys are pricey!
I've also become obsessed with copper and literally drooled all over my computer screen when I came across a stunning satin copper KitchenAid at Williams-Sonoma. I haven't been able to get her off my mind since February. & yes, I know it's a she, because she's just too pretty to be a boy. This love affair sent me calling every body shop in Provo hoping beyond hope they could paint ours and that Kellan would let me go ahead with it.
Sadly, my man just didn't see my vision but I haven't given up hope yet. That beauty will one day be mine and we'll ride off in the sunset creating culinary perfection together.
But enough about my daydreams. That took a turn I wasn't expecting.
So back to power tools! Kellan & I recently came upon some free time after he quit his job and I quickly filled some of it with my crazy DIY schemes. First on my list was creating some extra counter space in our dismally small kitchen. We borrowed a friend's miter saw (I NEED one now) and got the rest of the tools thanks to Kellan's birthday monies. It took some time because we started it a bit before he quit but the end results were better than I'd even hoped for!
We really wanted a butcher block top, but couldn't find anything in a price range that fit our budget so we decided to make our own faux butcher block top. It took a lot of work & resembles a jig saw puzzle but we love the result.
We also had to do a lot of the work inside because it was snowing pretty hard outside, but it would get sawdust EVERYWHERE. I vacuum got a good work out.
We really wanted a butcher block top, but couldn't find anything in a price range that fit our budget so we decided to make our own faux butcher block top. It took a lot of work & resembles a jig saw puzzle but we love the result.
We also had to do a lot of the work inside because it was snowing pretty hard outside, but it would get sawdust EVERYWHERE. I vacuum got a good work out.
![]() |
| Why yes I do wear jewelry & chemistry goggles when I work, don't you? |
![]() |
| Do you see all that sawdust flying?! & he kept arguing with me that he didn't need to wear a face mask. That boy. |
![]() |
| Please excuse the horrible mess, we've since cleaned & organized. |
![]() |
| Building this took lots of nourishment in the form of pizza & cheese dip. |
![]() |
| We sanded, painted and stained all while it snowed around us. That's commitment for yah. |
It took some work, but it was so much fun to make! I'm already planning our next big wood working project and have a few smaller projects currently going on right now. Our living room looks like a construction zone but we have some big changes to reveal soon. :)







No comments :
Post a Comment