So in the spirit of our one month-five day anniversary of wedded bliss, I've decided to fill you in on all the wonderful, behind the scene details of our wedding! Yippee!!
Actually, just the reception because all of the wedding photos are already up on Facebook haha
This was by far one of my favorite details. Leigh-Ann let us borrow one of her VERY cool typewriters & beside a picture of the Las Vegas Temple we typed out:
A true love story
never ends.
Precious, I know :)
The Candy Bar/Party Favors. I just now noticed someone threw taffies on there, not something I'd picked out, but Kellan sure has been enjoying them.
I loved these centerpieces, possibly because I made them all myself. From cutting and sewing the burlap sleeves to painting dollar store frames with chalkboard paint, it was an effort of love.
I also loved adding little things about us as a couple that corresponded to each number.
One was: They met on the first day of school
This was the centerpiece for our sweetheart table and featured the adorable heart wreath I picked up at Michael's.
This cake was DELICIOUS & looked so so cute. My fantastic sister a state away, helped me find the woman who made it for us.
Here we have the photo video of the two of us I made with the help of Animoto & the sign-in book that now has writing in Chinese that I can't read...
Almost all of the Whitaker girls together :)
Our kissing bell! Kellan & I bought this in Idaho months before we were even engaged because I absolutely loved it & knew I wanted to use it in our reception. & boy did it get a lot of use that night haha
The yummy food. As a joke, when we were meeting with the caterer, Kellan said he wanted pizza rolls & he'd be happy with just that.
Well, our caterer was AMAZING & lo & behold, on the hors d'oeuvres table were pastry pizza rolls. Probably the most incredible pizza product I've ever tasted. But unlike Kellan, I'm no pizza connoisseur.
Putting up those lights and figuring out how to keep them from tripping the breaker was a two day feat, but thankfully we got it done. & I loved the effect the lights had on the whole evening.
I also bought a million clothespins to decorate with to add to the rustic look of the evening and ended up putting up a bunch of photos of Kellan & I along the fence of the garden.
This old pickup truck was another favorite detail. We hung up a "Just Married" banner along the back of the cab & filled it with hay and an old wicker trunk with baby breath flowers spilling out of it. It turned out absolutely lovely.
Kissing Couples. Definitely one of the highlights of the night. Elaine & Jordan got called on first & they did fantastically, but I have to say I enjoyed our copy of it a lot more ;)
The metal K and M were other little things we picked up in Idaho before we were engaged. Then Kellan & I spent over 10 minutes picking out the font for our ampersand sign.
We currently have them up in our kitchen serving as decoration.
This next part, the Cake Cutting & Cake Smash, can only be shown through pictures.
Our DJ asks, "Should they smash the cake?"
Poor Colby has no idea what he's getting himself into when he shouts "YEAH!"
It's a good thing Shauna & I are bridal besties so I can get away with things like this.
The Evans actually got married only two weeks after us in the Las Vegas Temple as well. We went back for their reception & had a BLAST.
Now they only live like 5 minutes away from us here in Provo!
Another Kissing Couples with Aunt Leslie & Uncle Randy
The Newly Wed Game.
So with all the excitement of the day I'd forgotten we would be doing this and that the shoes I wore would matter anymore for photos. SO I took off the shoes we spent WEEKS searching for thinking no one would ever see these more comfortable heels.
How wrong I was.
Well, now that this is SO much longer than I anticipated & we're only halfway through the reception, let's just put a pin in it. Plus it's date night & we have way better things to be doing, so this will just have to be continued another day.
























I'm so excited you started a blog! Keep them coming!
ReplyDelete