Pages

January 5, 2013

Quick Update

It's been way too long so here's a quick quick update. 

Some of you may not have known, but Kellan was sporting a beard for a few weeks in December. It got pretty full, just short of lumberjack status (you know, with all the plaid he wears it could have happened).


This was early on in the process and look how cute he is. Those big blues get me every time. 

He shaved it off Christmas morning though because his sisters, how can I put this, hated it. I guess being with it from the very beginning I just got used to it. Plus he only had till we start school to keep it so I figured I'd just let him have his fun. I think he looks handsome no matter what. 


I've also been tutoring a cute little girl. She's five, likes Hello Kitty, plays Just Dance like nobody's business, and has enough energy to power a whole city. Seriously. 


She's so speedy quick I can barely even get a clear shot of her! We played dolls for a little bit because she needs breaks frequently. But we did some addition and subtraction problems with them! It was truly a teaching moment. 


Santa brought me a shiny new sewing machine. Project Runway version no less. So I've been playing around with it and fashioned us these little Valentine's Day coasters. 


I'm still new to this so bear with me. 


We also welcomed new neighbors this week! That was fun and they seem like a very fun young couple with a cute little boy. 


Our small welcome gift of mini lemon loaves. 


After taking down the Christmas tree and throwing out the dead Poinsettia, I figured we needed some green in the house to take away from the bitter cold outside. So I made us some succulent terrariums! 

I could say I chose them because they were aesthetically pleasing and reminded me of Las Vegas, but that would be a lie. I just liked them because yes they're cute, but mostly because you can abandon them for like two weeks without watering them and they'll still live when you eventually come back to them! That's my kind of plant! Especially with the school year starting and all the crafting I'm going to be doing, watering plants is on the very bottom of my list of things to do. 

So there you have it. All caught up with all things Whitaker. 

No comments :

Post a Comment