We've been gone from our house for about half our married time what with all the holidays, events and whatnot, so being back at home and knowing we'll stay here without wandering away (till February) feels so good!
Christmas break in California was just the vacation I needed and after we got back I got in full gear cleaning and decorating, mostly decorating, the house and finishing up those projects I had set on the back burner. I figured now, while the house is clean for pictures, would be the perfect opportunity to show you all!
Let's start with the kitchen because that's what has suffered the most of my DIY project mania.
Those boxes have since been unpacked & put away. No tripping hazards now.
The W K M ampersand sign & birds were all from or originally for our wedding!
But what I'm most excited to share is the newest addition to the floating shelf family.
Can you find it??
The water jar I picked up yesterday from a thrift store. One dollar plus some decal magic and I have me a beautiful French typography jar; score!
Though the water jar is my latest decal victim, it was not my first. I found this on a blog and just had to recreate it, so after one failed attempt and another that I just didn't love, I got it right.
I just love them & they're the perfect size because we bake so much.
After that the kitchen just sort of revolves around our KitchenAid, especially in it's color scheme. So I fashioned up some small memo boards with cork, canvas, and fabric to match.
Yup, I sneaked in another photo of the jars. Can you tell I really like them?
Here they are all hung up and pretty. I think I'm going to add a row of wine corks to the bottom of the red boards for more pinning space.
Well, that's the gist of my kitchen project revamp for now. Our next big priority is finding a movable cart with a butcher block top to put where the trashcan is now for some added counter space, and at some future point I'm considering trading in our wicker seat bottoms for some padded cushion seats...we'll see if that last one ever happens.






No comments :
Post a Comment