The day started off with class for both of us at 8 am sharp (not fun at all) and Kellan's day didn't end till 8 pm when he got off work. Yup, it was a sad way to spend his birthday, so it was my job to make it a fun day when he got home.
We'd already gone out for dinner Friday night and I gave him his presents on Saturday night so we could enjoy them on our last weekend without homework. They were movies in case you were wondering. So I had only one option to make the night a birthday success. A scavenger hunt.
I foolishly decided it would be extra fun if the clues rhymed, and it was; but not while writing them. I also decided that because he was turning 23, I'd make 23 clues. Again, just made my job that much trickier, but I managed to get it done! Take a look!
Happy Birthday! It’s truly
meant
23 clues lead to your
present!
First go look somewhere nice
and cold,
Where hopefully you’ll find
no mold.
This was taped on the door when he walked in and led him straight to the fridge.
Where we visit different
lands and climes,
Most often during dinner
time.
I didn't know what else to say and we know it's not the best, but we watch TV while we eat dinner.
Where K meets M & W,
But not without a friend or
two.
We have our GIANT moss W on the wall right next to our shelf with our K, M, ampersand sign, & two little birdies. I thought that one was kind of cute.
Taken just over two months
ago,
These show our newly
married glow.
This led him to our wedding picture outside the temple where we are jumping for joy.
We read these nearly every
night,
But not your weird Creole
type.
Kellan served his mission speaking Haitian Creole and still has his Creole set of scriptures. I'm sure if I let him he'd love to read them to me, but I prefer to read our English ones before bed.
After breakfast, lunch,
dinner and all times in between,
You commonly go to get
those pearly whites squeaky clean.
Anyone who knows Kellan knows he LOVES to brush his teeth. He can't leave the house without brushing them, which is great, but he seriously can't do anything unless his teeth are brushed.
Kellan looking for his clues
I use it to press flat my
seams,
You hate using it on your
collars for it has no steam.
Led him to our iron.
Since I can keep nothing
alive and green,
I love that these, left on
their own, stay so serene.
Oh succulents, how I love you. These are my plants that thrive though my neglect.
It spells out our duties as
husband and wife,
Given to the world in this
time of strife.
I didn't know what else to say, and rhyming was getting hard. But this led him to our framed copy of The Family, A Proclamation to the World.
It holds so much it’s quite a
feat,
Finely ground and bolted meal
of wheat.
Our HUGE flour jar with my decal that says the definition of flour.
Mini size and citrus glaze,
You ate it as a snack when
you left me in a daze.
I made mini lemon loaves the other day and he ate one as he ran out the door for work leaving me sad and alone.
Coats and jackets, heels and
boots,
Duffels and other unknown
loot.
Spare closet with my shoes.
Ah-hah you’re clever, your
next clue you’ll reap,
Just look under the place
where we oft’ go to sleep.
When you want to look dapper,
and you need an assist,
Turn to the bottle shaped
like a fist.
Last Christmas I gave him cologne and the bottle is shaped like a fist.
When you want to have a good
laugh with your Great-Great-Great…Aunt,
Look into the drawer that’s
sure to enchant.
The Great-Great-Great...Aunt is a quote from one of his favorite movies, The Emperor's New Groove, and it led him straight to our movie drawer.
It’s not too hard on your
eardrum,
But still has a big
pendulum.
His sisters and mom gave us a Cinderella clock along with the movie, and it has a pendulum. That one was pretty easy.
Our two loud twins that spin
and spin,
Be careful opening the one,
or you might hit your shin.
Washer and dryer.
A picture of us as we lay in
the grass,
The joy that we felt, no
one can surpass.
Our engagement picture on a picnic blanket I made in the grass.
Here I store what I sew,
shorter than a dress,
Though right now, it’s mostly
just a mess.
I'm making a skirt and my sewing basket is a complete mess.
You ate this for lunch
because I forgot to cook,
It’s found in our cold little
nook.
Ramen noodles found in our pantry.
Before we make pizza, a mess
we must clean,
I know you’ll do it for me
because I’m your queen.
(Just kidding I’ll help you)
A few days ago we made pizza and made a mess in the oven. I forgot I had to bake his cake though, so the oven was too hot to put the clue inside. That and the fact that he'd forgotten about the mess made this one really hard for him, so I had to help him out.
Underneath our welcome mat,
This whole time a clue has
sat.
I loved this one! I shut the door as soon as he walked out and ran and hid!
Where did I go? Where could I
be?
Stop playing games and come
find me!
And that was it! Kellan had a blast going through it all and after, we made pizza and had cake. Yum!



No comments :
Post a Comment