Pages

November 16, 2014

Our surprise guest

This week was pretty busy but amid all the bustle I found time to finish sewing up a vest I'd been dying to make. I really wanted a faux fur vest & found quite a few I liked but thought I could make one myself fairly easily without spending as much too, so I picked up some fabric from Joann's and fashioned my own pattern out of a vest I had. It would have been super straight forward except that I really wanted a lined vest so I looked up tutorials online and busted out this bad boy in two days.

It almost didn't happen though. I'm taking a sewing class on campus and asked my TA's if they had any tips for me before I started and one of them said I shouldn't do it and it would be way too hard for me to work with as a beginning sewer, sewist, seamstress, anyways; so I got really nervous about it and almost didn't start. But then I decided I didn't care what she said and I was going to try it anyways. It's not perfect and I definitely did learn a few things while sewing but it really wasn't as bad as she made it out to be. In fact the worst part was just cutting it out because it shed like crazy! But overall I'm really happy with the results and have to stop myself from wearing it everyday. [Also another sewing TA complimented me on it and said I did a great job, so in your face mean TA!]



Friday Kellan left me all alone to go on a planning campout with theYM group & I got hunkered down to spend a really boring evening by my lonesome. I even tried to go on campus to get some work done in the labs but they were all closed, & I mean honestly what was I expecting, it's a Friday night in Provo, no one's gonna be on campus. So I headed back home to eat ice cream by myself and watch some shows on Netflix, until I got a super random text from Paige telling me to guess where she was!


As I guessed, and I'm sure you can too, she was in Utah watching a basketball game not 10 minutes away from our place! So I made her come over after the game and she spent the night here so I wouldn't go crazy alone. I shouldn't watch murder mysteries when I'm by myself.

Kellan got back early Saturday morning right after I got up and before Paige was awake, so like 10:30, & was just as surprised as me by our fun guest! We convinced Paige to hang out with us for the day & we bribed her with brunch at Bruges and a trip to City Creek in Salt Lake. I had so much fun shopping with her and even convinced her to try on some swanky thigh-high boots at Nordstrom! She looked so good, but refused to get them because they were heeled. It was really depressing.

Paige enjoying her waffle

Cute siblings watching the water show


But in spite of her not buying the best shoes ever, we still had a blast & were so happy we got to spend a little time with Ms Paige.

No comments :

Post a Comment