Honestly though it's been so busy the whole week has gone by in a blur and I don't even know what's happened except for a few small highlights, so apologies if this post is super jumpy and spastic but that's why. My brain is just straight up fried.
Monday when we woke up Kellan said he wasn't feeling very good and his back was causing him a lot of pain so being the good wife that I am, I volunteered to stay home with him and nurse him back to health. We used the time to watch a little Arrow and catch up on school work and studying for exams. We've seriously had exams up the wazoo lately and projects galore so taking a little break Monday morning was just what we needed to survive this crazy week.
Last week when we were out shopping with Paige I'd spotted a fantastic pair of boots I fell in love with, hard, but trying to be frugal I declined when Kellan suggested getting them; a selfless gesture I regretted almost as soon as we left the store. But my sweet husband knows me all too well and got them anyways [at an even better deal I might add] & I've been giddy about them ever since they showed up so I had to snap a pic of them while crunching around in the leaves. Crispy leaves really are the best.
So I chopped them down to size and folded them over to get a much lower profile shoe. I'm still finishing a few stitches on the left boot but so far I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.
Friday we skipped date night and babysat for a couple in our ward. Luckily their two little boys are super easy to watch and went right to sleep after a few songs. I only wish all kids were that easy.
But even more exciting than that Friday Kellan surprised me with a new laptop! Mine was getting really slow and acting up so he got me a new Mac. I've been playing around on it this weekend & getting accustomed to it but I also feel like I'm cheating on my old laptop. We've been through so much together it's a little bittersweet to say goodbye.
Yesterday we spent the day at school working on projects and then headed to the temple to do some family names. It was rainy & cold all day but it was nice and warm inside. It was great.
Anyways, I'm not even sure what I've babbled about but Thanksgiving is this week & we sure are excited!





No comments :
Post a Comment