July 28 - August 3
Monday was a big day. I put in my two weeks notice for work. This marks the end of an era. Not really, but it was a pretty significant event.
Monday was a big day. I put in my two weeks notice for work. This marks the end of an era. Not really, but it was a pretty significant event.
Tuesday Kellan started preparing for the combined YM/YW activity he had helped plan. A massive water balloon fight. We went out & got about 800 water balloons and begun the arduous process of filling them.
I don't know what it is about water balloons [or really any balloons for that matter] that are so difficult for me to tie! I think I have pretty slender fingers, but those bad boys are just awful. If it was a matter of life or death I would die! Actually no, whoever it was that was making this a matter of life or death would watch me for a little bit and then feel so much pity for me they'd just tell me to stop and let me on my way.
But anyways, as we started to fill our neighbor asked if I would be willing to watch her son for a little bit, & of course I said yes. It started off great with Mattix & I hanging out with Kellan while he filled balloons until disaster struck. Literally.
I kept hearing buzzing but we didn't see any bees or wasps around until I felt a sharp pain in my neck & we looked up to find a large wasp nest. Just like that, Mattix & I were inside the house and Kellan was left to fill balloons all on his own. His young men's group showed up to help but ended up popping about half of the balloons with the wasp spray. Oops.
Mattix & I hung out inside watching Wreck it Ralph & drinking his milk with a spoon.
Wednesday Mattix & I hung out again but he got tired of Wreck it Ralph so we watched Tangled instead & colored on Kellan's Anatomy Lecture Guide notebook. Mattix also braved our spare room and found an elephant.
Hello purple elephant, yes I will sit with you
Our garden has been growing like a weed & I can't seem to document its growth fast enough. Friday we picked up some tomato cages to help keep everything in place, but I have no idea what to do with our gigantic zucchini plants. They're going to take over the whole yard. We also have a very exciting addition to our garden family. A watermelon has begun to grow! It's precious and I can't get over how cute it is. We'll most likely not eat it because I'm not a huge watermelon fan & Kellan is allergic, but for now we're in love!
Friday Kellan was starting to feel sick and by Saturday morning it was so bad he slept in till about 9 AM. For Kellan, that's a huge deal. So I got up and made him breakfast in bed. We didn't have anything other than milk which wouldn't have been good for his congestion, so he got Sprite & water! Breakfast of champions.
Then we made our way up to Salt Lake to babysit our sweet niece Shelby so my sister & her husband could go out & celebrate their two year anniversary. Before getting to their house we stopped to pick up some face masks for Kellan so he wouldn't get Shelby sick, & I've got to say; he is going to make one smoking hot doctor. Not many people look good in face masks, but Kellan is one of them.
After we put Shelby to bed I whipped us up some sugar cookies. Mmmm good.






I love to read your blogs and get a snapshot of what's going on in your lives. I love you guys!
ReplyDelete