July 21-27
Tuesday night we went out on a little mid-week date night & saw the Lone Ranger. It was pretty good, but a lot more dark than I was expecting! & those creepy bunnies! Holy cow! My feet were securely pulled up on the seat just about the whole time. [For those of you who don't know, my feet get scared & cannot rest on the ground for fear "things" will reach out from under my chair & grab me. It's a totally rational fear. I know.]
So the movie was decently good, but the very best part of the whole thing was Kellan & I saw the vision of ourselves in 40 years. A few seats to the left of us was an adorable little couple positioned just like us [minus the woman's feet all over her husband...]. I commented to Kellan how cute they were & that I wanted to still be going to the movies with him when we're sixty and holding his hand.
Then as we left the theater the same couple followed us to the parking garage & lo and behold they had parked RIGHT next to us! Think that's crazy, just wait, it gets better. They had the same car as us! Their model was a bit newer, but the make and color were spot on. At this point the couple had also begun to catch on to the similarities and I could almost see the thought bubbles saying, "We were that cute once. They have a long happy life ahead of them." The wife & I shared knowing smiles as her cute hubby helped her in their car & my handsome husband held my door open for me.
Then Kellan & I grabbed dinner and a shake at the Rocky Mountain Drive Inn.
Wednesday we had work off for Pioneer Day and started it off right with a delicious breakfast at the 1st Counselor's house. Kellan's Young Men came over and helped him set up the back wall for our shed & then we hit the streets of Provo to do some shopping.
I'm not sure if meeting our future selves the night before had anything to do with it, or all the shopping we had done, but we got hungry extremely early and grabbed dinner at 4:30 in the evening! We were seated and halfway through our meal before the old-timers had even shuffled in.
We came home and finished our Pioneer Day celebrations with a little Just Dance and a few Fireworks into the night sky. I also learned the very devastating fact that my dear sweet husband does not value fireworks the way I, or any other true American, values fireworks. We've come to the conclusion it may have something to do with him living in Alaska where fireworks in the summer was pretty much impossible, so his family never shot any off till he moved to California.
Our children will grow up with a very healthy appreciation for fireworks.
Friday was a very special day. We got news that Kellan's little brother Brigham had received his mission call! We were on a road trip to Las Vegas so we could only Skype via phone but it was still so exciting to see him open his call. Brigham has been called to serve in the Romania-Moldova Mission!! We are SO excited for him, and a little bit jealous of the amazing adventures he will have serving.
Saturday the boys were up at the crack of dawn to go dirt biking and my sister and I stayed with my mom to bake up a storm in her fabulous kitchen. Two ovens, enough space for three cooks & room to spare; who knew one day that would become a luxury?
The accommodations really were superb, minus one little detail. Camillia & Jeff had forgotten to bring Shelby's bassinet and we didn't have one at the house. We were at a loss for what to do, until I had the brilliant idea to put her in a drawer.
Shelby, if this is the worst you every have to go through you're set
Saturday afternoon we lounged by the pool, had chicken fights [Kellan & I are undefeated] & practiced our water aerobics. We even got my mom to do a little Just Dance! Priceless.
We stayed till Sunday afternoon & I was able to say hello to a dear friend before we left off for home.
All in all it was a FABULOUS week!








No comments :
Post a Comment