Pages

January 11, 2016

Kellan's Birthday

This weekend was the first of the semester & it was Kellan's birthday!

I'm generally terrible at surprising him, like awful. I either get too excited & have to share it with him, or I need to get his opinion on plans or a particular item [electronics!] so I can never surprise him with anything. But this year I totally did! ...okay not totally because he knows me too well and is good at guessing, but it was still fun.

I picked him up from school & took him to see Star Wars again. & he ruined that because I happened to put on my Darth Vadar sweater & he guessed that's what we were doing. & he got out of his test early so we had to go change the time for the movie too but it worked out okay.



Then I took him out to his favorite little Mexican restaurant, but they were out of fried ice cream! They have the best fried ice cream we've had here in Utah but they only have it literally 50% of the time we order it...which with me is every time we are there. But we manage.



Aside from being out of fried ice cream things were going perfectly until they brought out our food in like 2 minutes flat! Typically I would never complain about such great & quick service but I was not expecting it and the time frame I had built did not factor in the speedy quick service coupled with our famishing hunger and the rate at which we scarfed down our food...  So instead of heading out to our next activity we headed home for a bit.

In true January fashion we are working on our diet [fried ice cream never counts] & exercising so in lieu of a whole cake for just the two of us, I picked up a delicious pastry concoction from the Provo Bakery. Perfect proportions.





Originally I was going to have him blindfolded while I drove us to our next destination, but it had started to snow and I had given away that it was a 40 minute drive & while there was no way he would have sat for 40 minutes with a blindfold on, he also apparently doesn't even trust my driving skills enough to sit in the passenger seat. So instead, he took lead and said I didn't have to tell him where we were gong but just to guide turn by turn.

We got to the end of our street & he asked "left or right" & as soon as the word "left" came from my lips he goes, "Oh, I know where we're going!"

... yup. This is my life.

But I played it off & he played along like he believed me and off we went up the Provo Canyon to the Midway Ice Castle!

It was just beautiful and so much fun, but there was a longish [not really especially if you think about Disneyland] line for the ice slide [an ICE SLIDE people!] so he didn't want to go on it & it was his birthday after all so I guess I'll just have to dream what it would have been like to glide down a slide of ice in my own ice palace like Elsa. But he was a fairly decent sport about letting me take pictures & actually smiled for most of them.

This is how pictures typically go in this household.

Me: "Smile!"
Him: "mehh"
Me: "Smile pretty!"
Him: "I don't want to smile now, you're taking too long."
Me: "That's cause you won't smile. Fine, just look away & I'll pretend it's a candid."

or

Him: "Fine but this smile is NOT reaching my eyes!"
Me: "I don't care, you're wearing sunglasses."

That's how we get the model shoots. Like the very first photo on here, it's a good thing his eyes are all squinted because they have zero sparkle. But he sure is handsome & he did sit on an ice chair with me so I'll take what I can get!



























All in all it was the perfect day to spend with the love of my life celebrating him and how happy he's made me & everyone else.

No comments :

Post a Comment