Actually it turned out the way I wish our reception had, simple & elegant, so it was a little bittersweet to see how much I liked it. & because it was so much easy to put together. I did spend a few nights getting together the table runners though because I couldn't see the point in spending a fortune for eight long table runners we'd never use again & I couldn't find any to rent. So I hand dyed about 20 yards of linen and then sewed them into runners, but that was really the most time consuming part about the whole set up. It was wonderful.
Oh, and we didn't have time to set up the cafe lights but c'est la vie.
Kellan & the cousins had far too much fun playing with all the candles and lighting the flowers on fire. Boys. But even with that the night went off without a hitch. It was an evening filled with lots of yummy food and good company.
After all the guests had cleared out we packed up all the tables and chiavari chairs and spent the rest of the night drinking root beer and playing Werewolf in the backyard. Perks of the Las Vegas heat.
We're excited for our next trip out for my favorite event of the year.... THANKSGIVING!!
Yum, I'm already getting hungry just thinking about it :)

No comments :
Post a Comment