Pages

August 18, 2014

Oakland - Cali Trip pt 2

So one of the reasons we drove out was to see one of my best friends get married! Joanna & I were roommates my very first semester & then every one till I got married. Me & her are soul sisters, sister wives, whatever you want to call it but nothing was going to stop me from gettin' to her wedding, okay that's a lie, a few things would have stopped me but Kellan & I were thrilled we could make it. It also gave us the opportunity to go to the Oakland temple which I'd never been to so we were extra excited.

We got there a little early with the intention of just wandering around a bit & because Kellan hates being late to anything, & ended up running into the bride & groom who were running late! They actually pulled up as we were walking up & yelled at us asking if we could park their car so they could run in.

The sealing was perfect & I bawled like the baby that I am.




We ended up sticking around for quite a while & somehow ended up with Tracy's (the mother of the bride) purse in our car? But by that point we were starving & HAD to find something to eat pronto so we figured we'd look in Oakland. Sounds reasonable right? Wrong!

Just a few streets down we finally found downtown Oakland and thought we were going to get jumped. We popped into McDonalds, got our food, & were outta there quick as we could & on to the reception venue. 

It was such a beautiful event & Kellan & I took advance of the dance floor & made use of our dance lessons together. I don't mean to brag or anything but we basically got the whole place dancing. 


It was such a beautiful day & we are so incredibly happy for Joanna & Micah. 




No comments :

Post a Comment