Pages

March 20, 2013

Arts & Crafts

I almost forgot to mention all the fun artsy things we did in February!

At the beginning of the month, as I was looking at Pinterest & Etsy (always the beginnings of my many interesting attempts) I kept seeing all this adorable metal stamped items and thought to myself, well that doesn't look so hard, I could totally do that! (& then my next thought was, I could have saved us so much money at Christmas, but that's too late now)

Anywho! So I looked up the tools and techniques and that same week went out and bought all the things I needed.  (I did my homework though and found all the stuff I wanted for a great price too, double score)

I then got some cute vintage looking spoons from the thrift store and kept searching for the perfect shaped frames in my perfect budget. I found some just big enough at Joann's and snatched them up! I painted them cute colors to match all my married siblings' homes or weddings and then the interesting part; the actually metal stamping.

I'd bought some extra spoons to practice on, but found it was much harder than I'd anticipated and had to wait for Kellan to get home and help me.  ... then it kind of turned into one of those projects were I just directed & helped hand things to him while he got it done for me. Metal stamping is tough my friends! But I'm quite thrilled with the results.



You can't quite see, with the flash & all but the spoons are stamped to say "I DO" & "ME TOO"

I also took my new sewing machine out for a spin in a big way. I made an unofficial New Year's resolution to sew something at least every month and so far so good.  In January I made this easy skirt that I'm really liking. I may just splurge on some nice fabric and make another. 


And in February I kept it up with some burp clothes for my sister. They're still not quite done just yet, I want to add some labels to them. 


This first one did NOT turn out like what I was envisioning in my mind. Partially because I couldn't find the fabric and ribbon I was dreaming of, and also because I had no idea what I was really doing; but I learned through trial and error for next time I try. 

Since I was quite a bit bummed about how the first one had turned out, I decided to try again, and this time with a much simpler idea and much more success. Also, I'm a little bit in love with the beautiful pink fleece houndstooth design. So cute!


And that's it for now. I'm currently working on my March sewing project of a cute (hopefully) peplum shirt.  Keep 'em crossed folks! 

No comments :

Post a Comment